The statement of faith adopted by Imago Dei Academy is limited to primary Christian doctrine which is considered to be central to all Christian denominations, and which sets Christianity apart from other faiths. For our purposes, a Christian is one who has heard the word of truth, or Gospel (Col 1:5), as summarized in the statement below, and who has responded to that message in genuine repentance and faith. He confesses with his mouth and believes in his heart that Jesus is Lord, that He died for our sins, and that God raised Him from the dead (Romans 10:9-10).
We believe …
- The Bible to be the inspired, the only, infallible, authoritative Word of God (1 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21).
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent (Matthew 28:18-19; Mark 12:29; John 1:14).
- In the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory (Matthew 1:20-23;
Imago Dei Academy Mission and Vision Statements and Statement of Faith
3 John 1:1, 14; Acts 1:11; Hebrews 7:24-26)
- The Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice. His death made atonement for the sin of the world and is efficacious for all who repent and believe (Hebrews 7:25; Hebrews 9:12-15; Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 1:14; John 11:25).
- That salvation from eternal punishment and restoration to fellowship with God is secured only by His grace through faith in Christ, and all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God (John 3:16; Titus 3:5; John 3:3; 14:16-17; Ephesians 2:8-9).
- That faith without works is dead (James 2:26).
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (John 3:3-7; Ephesians 2:1-5).
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation (1 Corinthians 15:51; Revelation 20:11- 15).
- In the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Hebrews 10:25; Ephesians 1:22-23).
- In the importance of Christians reaching into all the world to call people to faith in Christ and helping influence their world for good (Matthew 28:18-20).
- In the life-long covenant of marriage between one man and one woman, and that all forms of sexual activity outside marriage are sin. (Genesis 2:18-24, I Corinthians 7:1-2)
- In the inherent image-bearing of God’s human creations, with each person to reflect His image as male or female, behaving in a manner according to biological gender. (Genesis 1:26-27, Matthew 19:4)
Imago Dei Academy has also adopted the first two chapters of the Westminster Confession (a requirement for membership in ACCS), as well as the Apostles’ Creed, the Nicene Creed, and the Definition of Chalcedon, all contributing to the foundational beliefs that undergird the school’s statement of faith.
Biblical principles are integrated into every subject taught at our school. Our staff is committed not only to academic excellence, but also to teaching students how to apply the truths of God’s Word to every aspect life. If you are in agreement with the teachings of God’s Word, this school will complement the beliefs and ideals your child is taught at home. We look forward to partnering with you.