Here is how you can get started!
1. Learn more about IDA.
We hope our website has already given you a glimpse of who we are, but there is so much more to see!
- Schedule a visit to tour our classrooms and meet with the Headmaster.
- Read our Mission Statement and Doctrinal Statement.
2. Submit your Application.
Imago Dei accepts year round enrollment, however, those wishing to start school at the beginning of an academic year should submit applications no later than August 1st in order to complete the process in a timely manner. Families may pick up an Admissions Packet in the school office, request a packet by mail, or download documents from the school website.
Each application submitted should include the following completed documents in order to be processed for consideration:
- Application for Admission
- Pastor’s Reference Form
- Student Questionnaire(7th-12th grade only)
- Immunization Records
- Copy of child’s Birth Certificate
- Copy of child’s Report Cards from the previous 2 years.
- Application Fee (fee schedule found on the Financial Agreement)
3. Complete the Academic Assessment.
Upon submitting your application, you will be asked to schedule an academic assessment. The purpose of this test is two-fold:
- to ensure proper grade assignment, and
- to provide academic and social behavior information for your child’s future teacher in order to better assist the student as he or she enters the classroom environment.
- Kindergarten & First Grade: Prospective students visit the respective classroom with one of our teachers and an assistant, participating in a number of activities including number and letter recognition, coloring, playing, cutting, listening skills, and following directions. First grades students will be accessed for reading as well. Teachers are looking for students demonstrating classroom readiness as well as determining proper student placement.
- Grades 2-6: Prospective students meet with a teacher who assesses reading, math, listening, and writing skills.
- Grades 7-12: Prospective students meet with a teacher who will assess reading comprehension, math skills, and writing. During this time, the faculty member will spend time with the student discussing school life, academic challenges the student is currently facing, and how he/she can transition into the classroom at Imago Dei Academy.